[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC AB vs Specialties, fees and other.....

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:22:47 -0700

I had an interesting off-list exchange of information and I thought it
might be an interesting topic on-list.

I was not aware of the large difference in what AKC received in fees
from All Breed clubs and specialties.  Nor was I aware of the
difference in what AKC charged specialties daily to hold specialty
shows.  I tried to find logic in this discrepancy and the only thing I
could think of was that AKC gets more of that $3.50 per entry fee from
the AB shows, and are trying to make up the difference by charging
more for the Specialty Clubs.  Another possible thought (probably way
off base and uncharitable, but then....) is that AKC is pushing the
specialty clubs to join with AB clubs in some fashion.  Since many of
you know the inner workings of this much more than I, please join in.

Storm

All Breed Club  Membership fee                  $25
Specialty Club Membership fee                   $80

All Breed Clubs Conformation Show               One free, 2nd $30
Specialty Club Conformation Show                        $100 each show

All Breed Clubs Obedience Trial                 One free, 2nd $30
Specialty Clubs Obedience Trial                 (I'm not sure.. I think $100
for
each Trial)
Specialty Club Rally Trial                                      $100 each trial

Tracking Events.  AKC puts entry limits on the tracking events that
makes them unprofitable for event giving clubs.