[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 39 GSD's Seized - Another update and video

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:30:43 -0800 (PST)

Having watched all the video's none of the dogs looked in dire need
of food.   When seized they were probably dehydrated which explains why
their body filled in so quickly.  The problem I see is why would
anyone what that many dogs as no one without help could care
for so many. There are some very nice looking dogs there,
especially the male dog that looks German that they were leading out of the
house.

I do see cases where dogs or horses are seized before knowing the
situation. There are people that for some reason
will not ask for help when needed until it is too late. What worries me
as how do you know these German Shepherd Dogs will get a good home.
As shelters usually just want to place the dogs without making sure they
are going to the right home.  The dogs all looked happy of good temperament
so feel this was handled very wrong.

Theresa

On Mon, 2/10/14, Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I have heard (yes
 it’s hearsay) that one of the
 dogs that was seized is owned by a breeder from Holland who
 had sent him
 over for use as a stud.  How is she supposed to get her
 dog back?
 Those dogs all look healthy, happy and well socialized –
 especially for
 abused GSD’s.  The one that balked at being dragged
 by a sliprope, looked to
 be about 10 months old and terrified...which I would expect
 with all the
 commotion that went on.  She looked slim but not
 skinny.
 These are West German Show Line dogs (one is a Zenevredo and
 one is a
 Bad-Boll – both names that I’m very familiar with) and I
 thought that they
 were all stunning looking animals.  And the puppies
 looked healthy, pudgy
 and gorgeous.
 Sorry yes, Dawn is a ‘pig’ but her dogs sure looked good
 to me.
 Mary-Anne

http://showgsd.org/mail.html