[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2006 FUTURITY JUDGES-All AKC judges

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:31:00 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I could forgive someone for lack of ring experience mistakes in procedure.
> As long as they judged fairly and had a good eye for the standard and the
> good dogs.....I don't feel they need to be perfect for this isn't a point
> show.....................
> It's just my opinion but i feel the breeders should be able to judge these
> futurities and if a club wants an AKC judge, fine theres lotsa good ones but
> the breeders shouldn't be out of reach because the of the requirements which
> AKC doesn't even require when applying to judge.> Amy Safdir
                      ***********************************

I agree Amy.    As it is now......the Futurities are being Judged by the Judges
that we have just spent a year exhibiting under already, or will, the same show
year.
Ring Procedure is not that difficult,  and lack of experience would not be as
big a
problem as exhibiting under the same Judges over and over.    Clubs are having
enough of a problem all year trying not to 'overlap'  the same Judges for their
shows within the driving distance already.    Add nine Futurities to that
equation
with the higher expenses.    Everyone refers to the Futurities as "just a Match"
and yet the requirements to Judge are more than required of an AKC Judge?
There was a time when Specialty Matches were easy to find........not any more.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com