[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2006 FUTURITY JUDGES-All AKC judges

  • From: "Cyndi Flautt" <caretti@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:39:17 -0500

The only thing on the list of requirements for futurity judges that I see
that could be difficult for a breeder to meet would be judging 6 specialty
matches/sweepstakes.  (There is no requirement for stewarding.)

You have to meet one of the following;
1. Be an AKC approved judge of GSD's
Or
2. Have judged 6 AKC GSD specialty matches or sweepstakes
Or
3. Have judged one or more futurities.

You also have to be in good standing with the GSDCA and AKC,
-have exhibited GSD's in conformation for a minimum of 5 years,
-have bred a GSD Champion and have exhibited a GSD to its championship.

There other requirements such as not receiving financial compensation or
other compensation for handling a dog at any show with a full calendar year
prior to the assignment...and meeting the AKC occupational eligibility
requirements to judge.......

Since there are not as many specialty matches as in previous years, perhaps
the requirement could be changed to include all breed matches...I would
think all breed matches would give plenty of  experience in practicing ring
procedure, etc.  ......Speaking of all breed matches....I am chairman of the
Brandon Kennel Club match this December, and need some judges!!  Anyone
wanting experience in any breed, let me know.  We usually assign the entire
group, so get out your AKC dog book and start reading the standards!!  There
may or may not be any GSD's entered, but you'll still get some ring
experience. (ulterior motive for this post :-)

Cyndi
www.carettigsd.com