[serfl432] More than just a little off-topic

  • From: "Gene Floyd" <gfloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:22:00 -0500

According to my cellphone tracking software, SM Stefan Floyd (whom many of
you know as a cadet from encampments and other activities, especially if
they involved comm or disaster relief) just crossed the FL/GA state line
enroute to Fort Jackson, SC for Basic Military Training. Pardon me if I'm a
little emotional about this, but after raising that knucklehead alone for 13
of his 18 years on this planet and going through more "stuff" with him by my
side than most can imagine from a divorce to a week in Post-Katrina
Waveland, Mississippi, I just can't help it. It's kind of hard to believe
that he actually survived me.or maybe that should be vice-versa. At any
rate, he is no longer living in my household and while his old Camelbak and
web gear may belong to me, his butt now belongs to Uncle Sam.

Many thanks to the Cadet Program for helping us get this far. They say that
it takes a village to raise a child; in this case, I think it took an
organization. Some people wonder why I am so gung-ho about Civil Air Patrol,
but if they knew how much I've seen CAP help my children grow into the men
they are becoming, they would understand why I feel so strongly about this
program. I don't think I could have done this on my own and for that, I
extend my humblest and deepest appreciation for all the help I've received
from other members over the last few years. Thank you.

Before I get too relaxed or cocky, I need to keep in mind that he has 3 more
brothers at home.

Emails can be sent to him at ki4jta@xxxxxxxx I will print them out and send
them with our letters and scan/email any replies until he gets a stable
mailing address.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP

Proud Papa of a US Army Soldier-to-be