[scag] Re: AmiRevival

  • From: "Darren Glenn" <Ryu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:20:29 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, May 31, 2006 2:11 pm, Gary Goddard wrote:
> I'm afraid i have to agree with the ape and the mac user (rare i know) :)
>
> Though i do think it would be wise to have 2 people on the entrance desk
> at a time, having done this sort of thing before. It can get quite busy
> at times and the money can be protected better with 2 people. Plus
> toilet breaks can be covered etc.. I also think hour shifts would be
> about right.

See my reply to Mark

> Do we have a lockable cash box? If not i can nick the one my girlfriend
> uses for them market and probably sort out a float of change to set it up.

We do, something I bought when I went to AmiGBG last year. I'll sort out a
float via the post office.

> I don't think it would be a great idea to pay people to sit on the desk
> while the rest of us are volunteering our time for the day.

Well the cash incentive was more for maybe a fried of spouse of one of our
members who has no real interest in Amiga's.... I didnt mean to make
anyone feel like they are being taken advante of by not being payed.

> Darren, hope your recording all expenditure towards the show so we can
> get an accurate break even point and also prove any income from it as it
> could leave those of us on benefits in a precarious position  if the
> wrong people were to ask silly questions.

I could attempt to keep some sort of a record, but I dont think we need
worry about a break event point, we wont get close to it :-)

Also should any remifications arise from the show, I will take all the flack.

> I think it would be wise to set up the scag as a recognised club, with
> appointed committee of members(minimum recognised by law is chairman,
> secretary and treasurer) to handle things if we did that and set up a
> club charter which states we are a none profit making organisation (
> ihave a sample radio club charter somewhere which could easly be
> modified to suit), we can then set up a bank account with any of the
> high street banks. This would also allow us to not have any profits(if
> any) from the show to be subject to taxation and also allow us to get
> discounts on any public liability insurance we require.

If I saw a long future for the group I might tend to agree with you,
though I hate red tape. However Im having serious doubts about my
involvment in the scene.

Not really relating to this post but I just wanted to make it clear I wont
personally be financially benefitting in any way from my involvment with
the show, quite the opposite infact.

It could be my paranoia but i get the feeling some people think im making
money from this, which is not true at all.

Ryu