[scag] Re: AmiRevival

  • From: Gary Goddard <gaz.god@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:11:01 +0100

I'm afraid i have to agree with the ape and the mac user (rare i know) :)

Though i do think it would be wise to have 2 people on the entrance desk at a time, having done this sort of thing before. It can get quite busy at times and the money can be protected better with 2 people. Plus toilet breaks can be covered etc.. I also think hour shifts would be about right.

Do we have a lockable cash box? If not i can nick the one my girlfriend uses for them market and probably sort out a float of change to set it up.

I don't think it would be a great idea to pay people to sit on the desk while the rest of us are volunteering our time for the day.

Darren, hope your recording all expenditure towards the show so we can get an accurate break even point and also prove any income from it as it could leave those of us on benefits in a precarious position if the wrong people were to ask silly questions.

I think it would be wise to set up the scag as a recognised club, with appointed committee of members(minimum recognised by law is chairman, secretary and treasurer) to handle things if we did that and set up a club charter which states we are a none profit making organisation ( ihave a sample radio club charter somewhere which could easly be modified to suit), we can then set up a bank account with any of the high street banks. This would also allow us to not have any profits(if any) from the show to be subject to taxation and also allow us to get discounts on any public liability insurance we require.

Gaz

Michael Domoney wrote:

Hello SCAGites,

On 31/05/2006, Mark Benson wrote:

I think we could do it between us, or at least some of us, in
shifts personally, everyone do an hour or some-such and keep
swapping until we finish the show. That way someone doesn't have to
spend all day sat there and can wonder round the show.

Mark Benson

----

Agreed, and in fact it could well be me who does it more than anyone
else, all depending on what sort of day I'm having.

So..................shifts yes, and also re-invest any profit for future events
etc.

Kind Regards, Michael

aka rockape