[sarcmembers] Re: SARC Memorial Day Weekend activities...

  • From: "David Dowler" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:45:08 -0700

All

More work occurred at the station. Eric WB6FLY added some hooks for cabling
beneath the operating table to keep the cables off the floor. It definitely
is tidier. Bob W6RFH added a few more shelves. Bob and I cut some of the
long cables, and lengthened others. The 2M radio now is back on its normal
vertical. The circularly polarized 2M AZ/EL antenna is now connected to the
736R. I worked a few 2M SSB stations with it this evening.

Bob figured out that the rotor with the big HF Yagi was not working because
somebody wrapped the cable around the pole. For the time being, there are no
mechanical stops. Be cognizant of the cable wrapping while using this
antenna.

I borrowed the manual on the Log Periodic. It is not available on the
internet, and I wanted to make a PDF of it for our own use before it gets
lost. I will scan it and put it with the rest of the manuals I have on the
club network. I believe we have manuals for most if not all the club
equipment in PDF format.

The operating position is starting to come together. Here are some pictures.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image