[sarcmembers] Re: SARC Memorial Day Weekend activities...

  • From: george bernard <gbernard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john maetta <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 05:44:43 -0700

dave,  is the te-400 hooked up to the 736 and also is the 432 brick in the
line.  i had everything hooked up temporarily last week and worked some

432 ssb.  there were  power supplies required,  one for the 400 and one for the
mirage brick amp.   george bernard

i will probably go to the stn this morning, sunday and look things over.  i am
planning to purhase some dsp speaker amps when i find out which

ones are preferred, at this moment it looks like the mountain air  units.

santa barbara, ca web page is www.balanceindustries.com for my company cell
818-370-9407

From: dave@xxxxxxxxxx
To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sarcmembers] Re: SARC Memorial Day Weekend activities...
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:45:08 -0700

All

More work occurred at the station. Eric WB6FLY added some hooks for cabling
beneath the operating table to keep the cables off the floor. It definitely is
tidier. Bob W6RFH added a few more shelves. Bob and I cut some of the long
cables, and lengthened others. The 2M radio now is back on its normal vertical.
The circularly polarized 2M AZ/EL antenna is now connected to the 736R. I
worked a few 2M SSB stations with it this evening.

Bob figured out that the rotor with the big HF Yagi was not working because
somebody wrapped the cable around the pole. For the time being, there are no
mechanical stops. Be cognizant of the cable wrapping while using this antenna.

I borrowed the manual on the Log Periodic. It is not available on the internet,
and I wanted to make a PDF of it for our own use before it gets lost. I will
scan it and put it with the rest of the manuals I have on the club network. I
believe we have manuals for most if not all the club equipment in PDF format.

The operating position is starting to come together. Here are some pictures.