[sanesecurity] Re: Long DB refresh times

  • From: "Emanuele Balla (aka Skull)" <skull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:20:22 +0200

On 4/26/12 8:50 AM, Grayhat wrote:

> Emanuele... not sure it's doable nor if you can/want take the time to
> do it but... in a past we discussed the same thing (timeframe) while
> dealing with "InetMsg-Spamdomains"; the solution (ok the approach) was
> to have separate signature files ... so one may either pick the "2
> weeks" one or the bigger "2 months" one

This will be extremely easy to do for me: all the sigs are stored in a
DB and choosing the timeframe is just a matter of how to compose the
query that extracts them.

If you think it's going to help, I can generate a separate malware
sigfile with -say- the last 2 weeks only.
Not sure it's worth generating one for each db: the cracked and phishing
URLs are much more persistent and smaller in size so the 3 months
timeframe is probably OK for those...