[sac-forum] Re: MER Briefings on C-SPAN -- 3-D Resources

  • From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:53:16 -0700

Try these URLs for 3-D stuff.  I will have some color printouts of the
Mars Rover stereo pictures for viewing at the SAC meeting tonite.
Gene Lucas
(17250)

Mars Rover 3-D images
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/a/2004/01/06/national1328EST0611.DTL

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/

(Older) JPL Mars Pathfinder 3-D views (has a link for analglyph -
red-blue viewers)
http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/MPF/index1.html
http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/MPF/mpf/glasses.html

Akira Inaka's beautiful 3-D stereoscopic processed color photos of the
constellations and HST images -- see article in Sky & Telescope December
2003, pp. 79-81:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~aq6a-ink/indexusa.htm
http://pro.tok2.com/~aq6a-ink/mac/usafr.htm

Resources for 3-D viewers (NO endorsement implied, for information
ONLY!):

Reel 3-D products
http://stereoscopy.com/reel3d/
Analglyph (red-blue) glasses
http://stereoscopy.com/reel3d/anaglyph-glasses.html
Order by phone at (310) 837-2368, or by fax at (310) 558-1653
or write to:
Reel 3-D Enterprises, Inc.
P.O. Box 2368
Culver City, CA 90231
E-Mail: Reel3D@xxxxxxx

Amateur Photographic Exchange Club -- viewers, etc.
http://home.earthlink.net/~pgwhacker/APEC/HowTo/equipment/equipment1.html

3-D displays, many links for products
http://www.addeddimension.com/

Discussion of theory of 3-D displays