[sac-forum] Re: Lunar Observing . . .

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:09:15 -0700

Great reply, Dave!  We definitely have to meet some day!

Like you, I am not into list chasing.  When I lived in Kansas City, our club
was an Astronomical League affiliate, so getting certificates was a natural
part of being active in the club.  But like you, I observe as much as I can
when I am out, and make up my own target list, complete with detailed finder
charts and (usually) a negative of the digitized sky survey already flipped
so I don't have to warp my brain flipping an image at the EP of the C11.  I
have not counted lately, but I know I have over 25,000 double star
observations and about 4,000 or so deep sky objects logged.  The more I
observe, the more I enjoy it.  I once heard that God does not deduct from a
man's life the hours he spends using his telescope. I hope that's true.  I
should live to be 140 then.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, AZ