[sac-forum] Re: Lunar 100 List

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:06:55 -0700

If you have the distiller program (the one that CREATES PDF files), you can
create a Word document with fields in it, such as text fields.  These can
then be tagged in the PDF as fields the user can actually type in, so if you
have a PDF file on the screen and wanted to type data into, say, an
observations notes field, you could do so.  I've done this before for
clients I have worked with and it works great!  You have control over the
layout of the form, but the user can add data as needed for his own
purposes, within the constraints of the fields you define in the distilling
process.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, AZ