[sac-forum] Re: FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory Project]

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:30:42 -0700

Count me in!

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

From: rharshaw2@xxxxxxx
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sac-forum] FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory Project]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:27:53 -0700

Folks, I received this request for help from a local high school
student who wants to refurbish her school’s observatory and return it to
operation.  I am willing to help her.  Anyone want to join me?  If so, please
reply so I can make contact with Ally and set up a meeting.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, Arizona

Brilliant Sky Observatory

From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx

Date: Thu, August 26, 2010 1:24 pm

To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear Richard Harshaw,

       My name is Ally Carr and I am a student at
Millennium High School in Goodyear, Arizona. It has recently come to my
attention that my High School has most of the equipment, including a rotating
observatory dome and telescopes, necessary to make an observatory. I have taken
it upon myself to propose the restoration of this facility as my senior
project.

       Although this project has yet
to be approved, it is my hope that I may receive help from the
local Astronomy community. I believe it is incredibly important for my
community to have access to an observatory in working condition, not in pieces
scattered around campus. I can not do this without your help and expertise, and
I hope you will find interest in restoring Goodyear's access to the stars.

Thank you so much for your time,

Ally Carr

602-908-5115