[sac-forum] Re: FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory Project]

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:56:19 -0700

Dick, count me in.  In short this is a good chance for SAC to do a worthwhile
outreach project.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ

    From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx
    Date: Fri, August 27, 2010 2:04 pm
    To: president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I have very limited experience with telescopes, so it was my wish to have
any assistance possible in the pre planning (The bottom of the observatory has
been damaged and needs to be rebuilt, but I would not know where to begin with
drafting those plans) and then with the assembly of the telescope near the end
of the project. Any and all help is entirely welcome!

    Thank you so much,

    Ally Carr

      From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx
      Date: Thu, August 26, 2010 1:24 pm
      To: undisclosed-recipients:;

      Dear Richard Harshaw,

             My name is Ally Carr and I am a student at Millennium High School
in Goodyear, Arizona. It has recently come to my attention that my High School
has most of the equipment, including a rotating observatory dome and
telescopes, necessary to make an observatory. I have taken it upon myself to
propose the restoration of this facility as my senior project.

             Although this project has yet to be approved, it is my hope that I
may receive help from the local Astronomy community. I believe it is incredibly
important for my community to have access to an observatory in working
condition, not in pieces scattered around campus. I can not do this without
your help and expertise, and I hope you will find interest in restoring
Goodyear's access to the stars.

      Thank you so much for your time,

      Ally Carr

      602-908-5115