[sac-board] Re: Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze in November

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:20:11 -0700

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:40:56 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:

> Right now, I think that Nov. 21 and 22 will work great for 2003, so let's
> give it a try.  I will keep it away from Thanksgiving and the All-Az, which
> might mean that the star gaze might slip into early December every once in a
> while, but I also think that will be OK.

Looking into the future (through 2011), 2005 date will fall on the first
weekend in December.  Through 2011, the rest of the dates are pretty easy
to choose.  Even with 2008 & 2011 having the New Moon on Thanksgiving day,
the prior Sunday mornings have a moon rise of 3 AM and 1 AM
(respectively), which is still a usable night.