[sac-board] Re: SAC Budget 2005

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:30:10 -0700

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:37:32 -0700, Albert Stiewing wrote:

> 3. The projector and spare bulb contribute nearly $1600 to the current
> projected shortfall of $2930.

Thanks for the report.

The projector purchase is pretty much a special case.  Because of it's
purchase, SAC can now operate at a lower balance.  What that amount is it
up to the treasurer to decide.  The difference in levels will reduce the
deficit some.

Just this, plus $0 newletter printing, could reduce the shortfall to close
to $1000.

Perhaps SAC should add to the budget a collection of $10 to $20 each month
for spare projector bulbs (with a maximum of $400).  That way when we need
a purchase a new spare, we don't have to suddenly dig up $400.

> 5. Equipment rental is the Port-a-potty, and includes an additional Sentinel
> and Happy Jack trip as approved last year.

Sentinel is now in November.  I'm not sure how its new planned
non-advertised nature will reflects on the rental of the port-a-potty
though.  Steve changed it at the last board meeting, but I don't remember
the details (SAC only event - other welcome OR not a SAC event?).

Looks like a future board meeting will need to determine what SAC does
this year based on proposed spending.