[sac-board] Re: SAC Budget 2005

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:44:17 -0700

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:37:32 -0700, Albert Stiewing wrote:

> 2. The 2005 budget is a worse case ( I hope), Income from individual dues
> currently shows 57 paid and 45 unpaid. In '04 we only lost 15 ind., 3
> newsletter and 5 family memberships. The current database shows 103
> individual, 15 Family, 1 honorary, and 3 newsletter members. We could
> increase income based on historical loss factors ( we have not lost more
> than 21 individual members in the last 4 years) However, we will still be
> cutting deeply into our savings account this year even with a more
> optimistic income forecast.

Al,
    A tip for getting people to renew.  Send them an E-mail directly (no
CC list, only one address in the From line) with the SAC Membership
Services Form attached.

I did that about two or three years ago.  Most people ignored an earlier
message which had a bunch of addresses on the From list, but the second,
individual message got me a lot of replies.

This might be a lot of work for you (cut-n-pasting), but it will get
results.

You might do this after the February meeting.