[sac-board] Re: SAC Budget 2002

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:52:38 -0700

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:25:16 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:33:58 -0700, AJ Crayon wrote:
> >
> > After having had some time to reflect on this message, I wonder; do we have
> > vote on this?  I seem to remember, from the constution(?), we vote on items
> > that
> > exceed $100.00.
>
> I always thought it was $100 too, but I decided to reread the constitution
>
>            A. Acquiring or disposing of right, title, or interest in real
>               property with a valuation in excess of $100.00;
>
> So rental of the porta-pottie might come under B, not A.

I looked up "real property" on two law dictionaries on the web.  Both say
it's basically "real estate", land or anything permanently attached to
land.  So the board can decide to buy or sell anything else for any amount
without the expressed approval from the membership (as long as it doesn't
blow the budget).