[sac-board] May speaker fee--vote?

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:41:32 -0700

Dear SAC board;

I have a friend of mine for many years, Richard Jakiel, making plans about
coming to Arizona in May.  I have mentioned the fact that I have the May 14th
date open for a speaker and he said he would be honored to be the club speaker
and has several choices to pick from when it comes to topics.

So, the problem is money (ain't it always).  Richard can stay with me or Tom
Polakis for a few nights and that is no problem when it comes to
accommodations.  It would make a big difference if we could be a bit more
helpful with the speaker's fee.  If I request that we provide Richard with 200
dollars for a fee, it would help with airfare.

I need to know how to go about this.  Richard needs an answer in the next 48
hours or so because he is trying to make reservations.  Can we vote over the
Internet?  Is this an amount that comes under "petty cash"?  I don't know what
the limit is, if it is 200 dollars, then can be provide him 199 bucks?  Just
trying to play within the rules.  Paul, please provide some input here.

I know we can be helpful, I also know that Richard will be a great speaker and
very thankful;
Steve

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx
Author:  Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist