[sac-board] Re: March SACNEWS: Incorrect January Minutes

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Board" <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:56:50 -0700

Yes, opening the PDF over the Internet is what I'm talking about; you have to
wait a while with a blank screen in your face. Myself, yes, I save it to disk,
of course, and it just pops up. I've done it both ways, just experimenting.

Cybertrails, that's it.  http://www.cybertrails.com  1-888-GO-CYBER. I don't
see the $15 rate tho, that must be for a 2-year contract with automatic payment
or prepaid? I would love to go back to POP3 and MS Outlook (never thought I'd
say that).

Jack

Are you talking about opening the PDF over the internet or from your hard
disk?  If the internet, it does take time (minutes) to download the file
which is possibly your case.

I use Acrobat Reader (acroread) and xpdf under Linux, and with both, the
club's newsletter just pops up when accessed from my hard disk (on my 300
MHz laptop).  My web browser, Mozilla, doesn't launch xpdf until after
downloading the newsletter.

So I suggest insert an additional step:

  1.1) Download the newsletter to your hard disk either by right-clicking
       on the URL or shift-clicking.  Try running it locally from your
       hard disk.

The ISP I use is Cyber Trails (602-906-8790).