[sac-board] Re: FW: Important suggestion re: Sentinel site on AZ Clear Sky Charts

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:20:44 -0700

Ken,
   I'm not sticking my head in the sand about immigration.  I agree there is
some change needed.  I just ask, why now?  What happened to the 8 insufferable
years we had before to get something done?  It was all the rage after 9/11, and
as soon as the mid terms were used to fire up the base, it was all but
abandoned, until the next election.  Politics has everything to do with it, and
I'm sick of it.  I'm not crazy about the Democrats either.  Don't get me
started.  I disagree with your "they're all the same" remark, but that's
neither here nor there.

Anyone can have a CSC location, true, as long as it's not too close to another
one.  Sentinel does affect me because we go there more often than most.  It's
close for us.  Vekol is too close for a CSC at Stone Haven.  (That's how I
discovered this fact.)  I see no reason to delete either site.  Lower our
exposure to lawsuit, sure.  But who's going to hold SAC responsible for the
marauding hoards of brown people that Sheriffs Babeu and Arpaio can't control?

Please.

I've made my view plain.  I'll be dropping this discussion now.  Feel free to
talk amongst yourselves.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com