[sac-board] Re: FW: Important suggestion re: Sentinel site on AZ Clear Sky Charts

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:06:14 -0700

Thank you for allowing me my political views, but right wing fear tactics and
media hype IS what this immigrant "debate" is about.  The U.S. has had a cycle
of "bad immigrant" sentiment since its inception.  The cycle goes like this:
America prospers and needs more, cheap labor.  Immigrants fill the need.
Republican, (or "conservative" if you prefer), policies to take advantage and
make themselves rich drive the economy into a bubble which bursts, or into
recession.  "Conservative" sentiment changes to hostility to the very people
that create their wealth and legislation is passed to thwart "the evil hoards".
 The intended legislation results in just the opposite of what's intended and
immigrants once again flow in-from somewhere else.  The economy booms, needs
more labor, until "conservatives" figure out how to exploit it, drives the
economy into the ditch and again rises up against the very people that helped.
I didn't make this up.  Look at history.  It happened against the Irish,
Germans, Asians, Jews and now the Latinos.  (It's not just Mexicans.  It's the
entire Central American continent.)
The issue has taken legs because "conservatives" are using it as shiny keys to
distract Americans from the biggest issue of this election year-the Republican
Recession, and to try to make Obama fail at any cost.  Simple.  The exact same
thing happened in each of the previous cycles.
Information about any risks taken from the Pinal County Sheriff is as slanted
as getting it from Sheriff Arpaio.  Sheriff Babeu may as well be Arpaio.  His
views are the same.  His tactics would be the same if he had the funds Arpaio
has.  His advice on many other issues are dangerous.
I agree with Jennifer's letter.  She just said it better than I did.
I'm sick of sheeple living in fear of their own shadows and voting against
their own best interest for the sake of some perceived "security" provided by
"Conservative" propoganda.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

Hotmail.