[sac-board] Re: 2009 Schedule

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:46:05 -0700

Thanks to Rick, Steve, and the rest of the board for the clarification
and "heads up" on the 2009 meeting dates.
I recognize that this past year was a tough one in terms of resolving
schedule conflicts (and that only just so much could be done).
I am pleased that we can apparently avoid most such issues this coming
year.  (Mostly thanks to the Moon, haha)
This early planning has been carried out "transparently" in regard to
the regular members, which is not a bad thing...

I'm sure the observing dates (and a good new observing site location)
will work themselves out, probably with some flexibility during the year.
The main observing folks have worked very hard on trying to locate new
sites....

As to meeting dates, it's important, at least to me, that the club make
a strong effort to cooperate with the other clubs in the area, to help
promote astronomy and participation by the widest possible number of people.
Hopefully, we can keep up our excellent reputation for having the best
speakers and presos !!
Gene Lucas
(17250)
Rick Tejera wrote:
>  As Steve mentions I sent a proposed Schedule for 2009 to the board
>  and committee chairmen/Event Coordinators for comments. The response
>  was favorable with a few changes suggested. The reason it has not
>  been presented to the membership as yet is the question of where to
>  observe on the regular star party dates during the winter months. To
>  date, no one I know has a chance to reconnoiter a suitable low desert
>  location.
>
>  I'll bring the schedule to the meeting and we can publish it with
>  "Low Desert" until we narrow down a suitable site. Fact is most
>  months there are two really good weekends with late moonrises, so I
>  imagine the antennas will be pretty busy regardless.
>
>  Paul does make a good point about reserving the room for next year,
>  So for now here are the meeting dates:

[2009 meeting schedule and earlier discussion snipped -- GL]