[rsc] Re: Learning Exchange sources - Leadership and Community Change

  • From: Hope Clark <hopeclark@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:29:46 -0400

Thanks Sheila!
I hadn't seen the piece by John O'Neal. Really helpful.
Sorry about my careless spelling.
Hope

On Mar 31, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Sheila Kerrigan wrote:

Dear Hope,

Spelling: Augusto Boal and Paolo Freire

Sorry for tooting my own horn: You may want to look at my book, The Performer’s Guide to the Collaborative Process, for sources for some of the work we do.

Story Circles also come from John O’Neal; He has written a piece about them. http://www.racematters.org/storycircleprocess.htm

Liz Lerman’s Critical Response Process is a part of ROOTS, although RSC may not use it all the time.
http://www.danceexchange.org/performance/criticalresponse.html

I would look at some of Nayo Watkins’ writing on RSC work and other work she did, including the Alternate ROOTS Resources for Social Change Handbook.

Also, Bob Leonard’s Building Arts and Community Partnerships Work Kit.

Best,
Sheila Kerrigan
kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2310 Stansbury Rd
Chapel Hill NC 27516
919-929-1624
Check out my book, The Performer's Guide to the Collaborative Process:
www.collaborativecreativity.com
www.heinemanndrama.com/products/E00311.aspx