[romefloydhumanesocietychairs] Re: Phone list update, + one other thing

  • From: E S THOMAS <utahlove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "romefloydhumanesocietychairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <romefloydhumanesocietychairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Elizabeth,

Do you have any idea to what Flo was referring when she rattled off some
disjointed comment about things getting mixed-up, not her fault, but now back
on her with the pronouncement that we will have to pay the $500 royalty for the
play?

I thought it was decided that we would NOT participate in this if we were
responsible for paying the royalty.  Does this mean that we will be paying $500
for the privilege of a few members working their fannies off and only bringing
in a couple of hundred dollars if we're lucky?????  Perhaps everyone else knew
about this and it was only news to me because I haven't been around.  If not,
how dare she allude to it but refuse to explain?

I've really tried to support her as Fundraising chair, and I know she is
working hard at it, but I'm becoming gun-shy of any involvement.  Can you
enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks, Elaine

________________________________
 From: Elizabeth Ard <elizabethard@xxxxxx>
To: romefloydhumanesocietychairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Jan Flippen
<jan513@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; jameshodge637@xxxxxxxxxxx; Dennis and Brenda Trosclair
<dftrosclair@xxxxxxxxx>; amy.brigham@xxxxxxxxx; Maia Santamaria
<msanta134@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Amy Robitshek <arobitshek@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 12:36 PM
Subject: [romefloydhumanesocietychairs] Phone list update, + one other thing

I needed to update this for my own records, so here you go.

Please let me know if you’d like to add anyone + I shall update it. Please
furnish me with a phone number, cell number, and an email address for anyone
who attends meetings + pitches in who’s not on this list.

 [Mike __name__?   and Jan Flippen attend meetings; Jan’s been a member since
’07 + held office]; we also have a new gangbuster attendee to last eve’s
meeting named Jim Hodge, Jr.
 He wants to be on the Fundraising Committee, for starters. I shall add these
two, but have 0 info on Mike.

Please Note!    Florice announced that the Fundraiser Play set for March 20 @
the Desoto Theatre [“Grease”] needs members to help. That’s this coming
Thursday.
 The last play fundraiser had only 9 attendees, including the Humane society
volunteers who worked in the lobby, so it’s rather important that you show up,
please!   Please drag your friends + family to this event to not only support
Flo’s efforts, but support the Humane Society publicly. There’ll be a TON of
different types of ice cream in the lobby to eat, thanks to Jim Hodge. That’s
reason enough to come. The show starts @8pm, which is “really” 7pm, if you hate
Daylight Savings, as I do.

If you’d care to volunteer, and get in for free,  Flo’s cell phone is
404-216-7383.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Ard
elizabethard@xxxxxx