[rollei_list] Re: unsuscribe

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:26:41 -0500

At 07:30 PM 6/9/2008 -0700, you wrote:
I have a photo mural going up at the end of this year, 22.5x8 feet.
The lead image is of Bob Murphy, from American Divers, getting suited
up for a dive. He's wearing the traditional helmet. Though I did
photograph a couple of divers with fishery helmets.
If you would of been around I could of squeezed you in there.
s.d.

Well, with PhotoShop you could put in one of my "hero" poses, the kind we take at the tank after a dive.

Actually, it would not be good perspective, and it would take a lot of work to trim out the background in either one.

Do you know the full history of the company "Body Glove"?

Actually, you may have met one of the two brothers at the tank. They never dove as far as I know but were good friends of my diver friend and people like Al Giddings, Chuck Nicklin, Lamar Boren, Lloyd Bridges, Ron Church, and on and on, can't leave out Stan Waterman, can we?

Anyhow, back to Body Glove, the two brothers developed the wet suit not for diving, but for surfing, strange as it may seem. One of them made it to an HDS meeting in Santa Barbara where I was representing a well-known commercial diver friend (from high school, believe it or not) who suddenly had a heart attack. I took his scrapbook up there for his wife and helped write a memorial of him for their magazine. That meeting was the one where the founder of Skin Diver announced that the last issue would be that month, about 5-6 years back as I recall.

Chuck Nicklin did the lighting for "The Deep" and brought our club some shots of Jacqueline Bisset. I saw her in a movie last night and she is still a real looker!

O.K. now I'll stop, or as a minimum go off list or "O.T."

DAW