[rollei_list] Re: time for show and......

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 19:31:07 -0500

At 07:08 PM 6/1/2016, Eric wrote, in part:

I'm thinking Marc would want to weigh in especially if we hear from membership...

I always wondered why there was any restriction. Old time data rates must have been the reason. I was so happy when modems running 2400 Baud became available.

Now, on this list, we have recently seen some pictures flow in and no one commented.

The only thing I would suggest is that we just don't send a whole batch of pictures, just special ones.

I've finally learned how to deal with Microsoft OneDrive which will soon cut my free storage down to 5 GB from the currently free 15. I'm going to pay $2.99 per month to bump it up to 50 GB.

And even more important, I learned how to turn off synchronization for individual folders so that you don't have to keep copies on your own computers. During my annual trip to San Diego I may take several hundred pictures and put them up for my kids to select from.

Now I can leave them all up and they can pick what they want.

On their end, they all have smart phones so every event gets photographed and popped onto Facebook.

Anyhow, back on topic, I think sending pictures of interest is just fine. I would suggest, however that any responses should not include a received picture or graphic. I still use Eudora so editing is simple. Perhaps not so with other systems.

DAW