[rollei_list] entry level TLR...or folder

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:57:56 -0400

I was exactly NOT thinking of a high end luxury product! That's been the problem with the FX, FW etc. concept.

Actually, I think a 6x6 and/or 6x9 folder with a Tessar lens and coupled rangefinder could be a hit. Sth. in the style of a Bessa II or Super Ikonta. Price would have to be under $400 though! I a sure it can be done with modern precision mass production, good lens included. Fujifilm/Voigtlander 667 re-make was too $$!

Found a very clean smooth working 2,8F Planar for 750 Euros today, no caps, strap, case or hood though. Good price??
Jan

------------------------------

Subject: [rollei_list] Re: TLR - The Lost Rolleis...
From: Marcus Kaufhold <kaufhold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:30:48 +0200

Hi - sad news.
But I think there are affordable TLR are all over the place: ebay.

To launch a business with "old" Rolleifilm-concepts, Rollei would have
to relaunch their brand first: High end, luxury products - the very same
way like Leica.
I doubt that the market for new TLR would be big enough.

Best