[rollei_list] Re: entry level TLR...or folder

  • From: "Evan Dong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ejdong@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:06:17 +0000 (UTC)

Jan,
Depending the overall condition, and as of today's Euro to US Dollar
conversion, that means the cost is $822 roughly.
WLF costs $200-225 for the CORRECT 2.8F.Correct Lenscap is $75Leather case -
Condition  $175 - $250Neck Strap (Original)  $75-100.

Factor in a CLA also.....

Evan

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:58 PM, Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I was exactly NOT thinking of a high end luxury product! That's been
the problem with the FX, FW etc. concept.

  Actually, I think a 6x6 and/or 6x9 folder with a Tessar lens and
coupled rangefinder could be a hit. Sth. in the style of a Bessa II or
Super Ikonta. Price would have to be under $400 though! I a sure it
can be done with modern precision mass production, good lens included.
  Fujifilm/Voigtlander 667 re-make was too $$!

Found a very clean smooth working 2,8F Planar for 750 Euros today, no
caps, strap, case or hood though. Good price??
Jan

------------------------------

Subject: [rollei_list] Re: TLR - The Lost Rolleis...
From: Marcus Kaufhold <kaufhold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:30:48 +0200

Hi - sad news.
But I think there are affordable TLR are all over the place: ebay.

To launch a business with "old" Rolleifilm-concepts, Rollei would have
to relaunch their brand first: High end, luxury products - the very same
way like Leica.
I doubt that the market for new TLR would be big enough.

Best