[rollei_list] Re: TLR - The Lost Rolleis...

  • From: Marcus Kaufhold <kaufhold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:30:48 +0200

Hi - sad news.

But I think there are affordable TLR are all over the place: ebay.

To launch a business with "old" Rolleifilm-concepts, Rollei would have to relaunch their brand first: High end, luxury products - the very same way like Leica.
I doubt that the market for new TLR would be big enough.

Best

Am 14.07.2015 um 19:35 schrieb Jan Decher:

Hi Volker,

That's too bad. I think there is a resurgence in analog & MF photography among the younger generation and an affordable TLR (Rolleicord with Tessar?) could be a hit.

Anyway, Hy6 looks interesting toobut then I would probably rather go for a classic Hasselblad with the option of a digital back later...
Jan

From: Volker Muth <volker_muth@xxxxxxx <mailto:volker_muth@xxxxxxx>>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: AW: [fresh news from Braunschwig !!] DW PHOTO GmbH i
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:54:28 +0200

Last week I spoke with Mr. Paepke in Düsseldorfhttp://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/eng/index.htmland he too told me that new activities are planned in Braunschweig. I understood that they will focus on the Rolleiflex 6000/Hy6 series and that the production of TLR cameras has ended. He kept a low profile with details.
Kind regards,

Volker