[rollei_list] Re: best M42 cameras

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:05:33 -0700

That word,"best."  ....  I know the ones I like the best.  They're all a
blend of size, quality, reliability and features.  One camera can't be
everythingfor all.  I like the Contax D and its descendant,the Pentacon
FM.  I have 3 Edixamats, and like them all.  I had good luck with my S1
and H1a...but I find meters irritating sometimes...

Peter Nebergall

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 10:12:54 -0400 Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> writes:
Capt Jack:

Do you think the Cosina Bessaflex is an improvement in any aspect
(viewfinder brightness, metal shutter...?) over the classic AP
Spotmatics?
I am somewhat interested in a no-frills mechanical M42 camera, but I
think I would prefer not to have to deal with stop down metering.

What do experts on this list (Marc?) consider the best ever M42 camera
(Fuji x01, Icarex TM, Pentax SP, Contax S, Ricoh...)?
Jan

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:15:19 -0400
From: jcd1250@xxxxxxx
I have just completed adding additional screw mount items to my web
site for sale page including two Zeiss Luminars, a brand new Bessaflex
TM body and accessories, and a mint black 1.5/85 Helios M42 lens.
Capt Jack