[rollei_list] Re: What good is a model release now?

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:53:32 -0500

Jerry,

> There is no such thing in law as an honest mistake!  Ref: my attorney.
> Ignorance of the law is NO EXCUSE.

There was no ignorance to the law.  The laws were never in question.

> The 15 megabux was 5% of the PROFITS from this product, from the
> time of initial misuse of the photo.

Er, so?  It shouldn't matter one bit how much a company makes from a
product, since THEY are the one who puts up all the risk.  The model should
have been compensated at a rate commensurate with his work, period.
Anything more is unreasonable.  IF they lost money on the product, could
they have gone back to him and said give us our money back?  If no, then the
converse should not be true.

Regards,

Austin