[rollei_list] Re: What good is a model release now?

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:46:40 -0500

On Wednesday, February 9, 2005, at 09:41  AM, Austin Franklin wrote:

> But, without having more details of the case, it's hard to draw a
> conclusion.  But, I hope he gets *some* money, but not anywhere near 15
> friggin million.

Nestle is bound to appeal, and it could drag on for years, and even
then he may never see any money.  Winning a judgment doesn't mean you
will get the money.  A photographer I know was awarded more than $
150,000 in a copyright infringement case.  That was in the mid 90s.
Last time I spoke with him he had only gotten a small portion of the
money and didn't really think he would ever get the rest.

Bob