[rollei_list] Re: Softbox Louver Effectiveness Questions

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:05:38 -0400

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005, at 01:42  PM, John A. Lind wrote:

> I'm currently using a black material that is felt-like in material and
> surface about 10x20 foot.  It's heavy compared to muslin.  Got it used
> without any manufacturer's tags on it so I'm uncertain who made
> it.  Anything not part of the material shows up on it; a bear to keep
> clean
> and lint-free.  Requires thorough examination and lint-removal every
> time I
> pull it out and put it up.  The previous owner had used it outside and
> dragged it through lawn . . . necessitating considerable time to
> remove all
> the dead grass blades and other urban flora found when I unfolded it.
> If
> that works with the louvers I'll be happy . . . otherwise Photek might
> hold
> the ultimate solution.

The Photek stuff is washable.  I've had mine nearly twenty years and it
has been washed several times.  Cold water, Woolite, of course.  To
pick stuff off the surface get a BIG one of those link rollers, the
ones with sticky surface that you peel off when it gets too much crud
on it.  They come in big sizes, just a bit harder to find than the
small ones.  I run one over my Photek fabric before each use.

Bob