[rollei_list] Scanner tips wanted

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:10:05 +0100

Ok,

I got (finally) a scanner, and just discovered that I have to learn to use it ;-p.
Silly me thinking I simply needed to connect it to the computer, put a slide or roll of film on it and be in business.

What I'm interested in is primarily 2 things:

1. Making contact sheets of BW negatives (usually they're in a A4 plastic sleeve, 4 strips of 3 frames each)

2. Making "high quality" scans (BW & colour) for the web (I know, high quality and the web don't fit well together).

2a. High quality scans for printing on a pro inkjet (huge Epson something or other with K3 ink and roll paper).
2b. How can I get set up on one of these web sites many of you have for publishing/sharing pictures?

Can anyone give some tips/experiences (generic or specific) as to how you accomplish these things?

The model I bought is a Canon 9950F, I'm on a Mac wityh OS X. I've downloaded VueScan and SilverFast demo's, but there are so many options...

Cheers,
Thor