[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex never a studio camera? [WAS More R and H price comparisons]

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:10:21 -0300

Sanders, I  was really waiting an answer to my statement;  as you know
I'm one of the members that commented and quoted URLs about Richard
Avedon and Helmut Newton work and I did know very much they and other
several pro photographers used and use the TLR in their studios, you
are another sample; it does not make the TLR a studio camera, when you
say or at least when I say a Rollei SL 66 or a Hasselblad 500C is a
studio camera it is because they are heavy cameras thought for the
work on tripod mainly and with a lot of interchangeable parts, several
of them better used in the studio, it does not mean they can't be used
camera handheld. The Rollei TLR was conceived as a compact and light
MF camera as an alternative facing the plate cameras and to be more on
the photographer hands than on a tripod. Avedon used the TLR in his
studio but he also used it out of the studio and even in the studio
he used several times the TLR in his hands, out of the tripod.

Carlos