[rollei_list] Re: More R and H price comparisons and production figures

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:48:18 -0300

Yes Richard, I agree with you, most of your points are my points too.
To be precise, the studio camera definition suffered changes along the
years according the cameras were evolving. I used the term "studio
camera" in a very wide sense meaning a camera to be used on tripod
mainly to obtain the best results in general, within a photographic
studio or out of it. Decades ago, a "studio camera" meant a view
camera with an adjustable back and the lens board, a film holder
section that tilts vertically or horizontally, and a lens board that
moves up, down, or to the side for distortion control, this camera
could stand on the floor, usually with pneumatic or hydraulic
mechanisms called pedestals to adjust the height, and were usually on
wheels, in other words a "studio camera"  was a camera that you could
rarely move from the photographic studio. From this point of view, a
Hasselblad 500 C or a Rollei SL 66 wouldn't be "studio cameras", but
the term evolved and the Rollei SL 66 designers thought it as "studio
camera" mainly, I read it in the Report 2.

Carlos