[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex mystery

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:38:04 -0800

Definitely some repeating shape there. I don't think there is anyway that is uneven development with that same curve repeating on the bottom. Looks more like a projected shape though a light leak causes plus density on the neg, not minus density. It would have to be some sort of obstruction to cause minus density. First thing I would do is verify that the film is good by shooting the same film in a different camera. Then I would tape a piece of diffusion material over the film gate and shine a light into the lens to see if you can see it. Or at least open the back of the camera with the lens open and see if anything shows.

Dennis
On Mar 10, 2010, at 09:15, sanders@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

A Rolleiflex T shooter reports a problem over on RFF
with uneven exposures.  I'm guessing a pressure plate
problem but I am not convinced I am right.  You all
should invetigate and chime in if you have better ideas:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87149
--- Rollei List - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Online, searchable archives are available at //www.freelists.org/archives/ rollei_list