[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex Mirrors.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:25:23 -0400

At 12:18 AM 3/22/2007, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
My statement had to do with the comment in the eBay seller's auction page, I explained it, however it's a fact all Rolleiflex cameras from the first Automat have identical luminosity for the viewing lens, f 2.8 , except the Tele and the Wide and the Standard Neu that had a Steinheil-Cassar f 3.1/75mm viewing lens labeled Heidoscop- Anastigmat 3.1/75, BTW this is a very rare sample because Zeiss provided the Heidosmat viewing lens with the Zeiss taking lenses and after the WWII Schneider provided the Hieidosmat viewing lenses with the Schneider lenses.

Carlos

I believe that you are saying that the Standart-Neu was unique in having a viewing lens from an outside source and I believe that this is correct. Steinheil was a magnificent firm and it is unfortunate that a family fight caused them to go out of business. Ludwig Bertele was their director of optical design during most of the 1940's.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!