[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex Mirrors.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:19:15 -0400

At 08:07 PM 3/21/2007, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
Marc:
We were talking about mirrors, there is a seller in eBay selling mirrors for "Rolleiflex 3.5" models "manufactured according Rollei specs", but the Rollei catalog numbers for the mirrors does not distinguish between 3.5 and 2.8 models and the viewing lens for the Rolleiflex is a 2.8/75 from 1937 and a 2.8/80 viewing lens for the models with 2.8/80 taking lens. The seller in eBay says they manufacture mirrors for Rolleiflex 3.5 models according Rollei specs, and my point is that Rollei specs for mirrors is the same for 2.8 and 3.5 taking lenses models because these models use, at least most of them, the same mirror from the 3.5A MX to F models, catalog parts number 04265.00.0, and then I agree with Todd first message. BTW this issue has nothing to do with the viewing lens provider.

Carlos

Your statement was, <n fact the Rolleiflexes with 3.5 taking lens use 2.8 viewing lenses from the first Automat model in 1937>.

This indicated to me, perhaps inaccurately, that you were saying that all Rolleiflexes from the Automat onward used identical viewing lenses.

Please clarify.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!