[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV manual online for free and...Gandhi?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:29:27 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 2:27 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Rolleicord IV manual online for free and...Gandhi?

I finally could find a Rolleicord IV manual online for
free, the manual was uploaded to the Web this year.
There is a photograph on page 44, I think he is
Mahatma Gandhi, the photograph is a backlight, he
shows his back and you can't see the face, however I
have seen hundreds of photographs about Gandhi and I
almost sure one of the persons on the page 44 could be
Gandhi, I enlarged the photograph to see more details,
however I could be wrong, of course:

http://www.neongreen.com/manuals/rolleicord/iv/index.html

All the best Carlos

A helpful hint. It makes life easier to convert pages like these to PDF form. There are several freeware PDF programs on the web. The one I've found most satisfactory is _PDF Creator_ available at: http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator/
This appears as a printer, you can make any document you can print into a PDF. In the case of this handbook download the large versions of the pages into a file. Then open a page using the image and FAX viewer built into Windows. Follow the instructions for printing in the program. When it opens the printing window select PDF Creator instead of your printer and print the pages. Save the PDF file wherever you want it. PDF has the advantage that all pages are saved in a single document file which can be printed in a variety of ways. To open a PDF you need Adobe Acrobat, nearly all computers now have Adobe Acrobat in them. If your's doesn't you can download it from Adobe, its freeware. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx