[rollei_list] Rolleicord III, picture position on film

  • From: Stefan Kell <skba.unat@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:11:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

recently in April I started with mediumformat. Therefore I bought a
Rolleicord III in quite acceptable condition. The former owner has been
using this camera for quite some time so it seemed to me that I should
have no mechanical problems. I am really amazed by the mechanical quality
of this fifty year old camera. And I am using it more and more.

After shooting some rolls I noticed that the pictures are not always
evenly distributed on the films so that sometimes two negatives are more
or less directly adjacent to each other with sometimes a longer gap
afterwards. I have two or three negatives which are directly connected
which is somewhat disturbing.

Since this does not happen with every roll could it be that there are some
tolerances or defects with the receiving spindle? As you all know this
spindle is different with every new roll.

Any suggestions are wellcome!

Thanks for your help

Regards

Stefan Kell