[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord III, picture position on film

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:38:48 -0300 (ART)

Hello:
       Two months ago I bought a Rolleicord IV, the
III and IV are similar to load the film, despite the
IV has the advance film mechanism interlocked with the
shutter. These cameras don't have the sensor mechanism
that you find in the Rolleiflex cameras and then it's
necessary to be careful aligning the film paper back
arrows with the red dots in the camera body film gate.
I suggest you control that the initial film tonge is
fitted right into the upper spool, it's necessary to
assure that the film rolls maintaininig identical
distance with regard to each upper spool edges,it's
very important that when the film arrows are aligned
with the red dots in the camera body the film from the
lower spool to the upper spool is tight, you can
obtain it holding the lower spool slightly and turning
the film transport wheel (it's necessary to avoid film
curls, but also it's necessary to avoid a film
tightened too much).

All the best
Carlos

--- Stefan Kell <skba.unat@xxxxxx> escribió:
> Hello,
>
> recently in April I started with mediumformat.
> Therefore I bought a
> Rolleicord III in quite acceptable condition. The
> former owner has been
> using this camera for quite some time so it seemed
> to me that I should
> have no mechanical problems. I am really amazed by
> the mechanical quality
> of this fifty year old camera. And I am using it
> more and more.
>
> After shooting some rolls I noticed that the
> pictures are not always
> evenly distributed on the films so that sometimes
> two negatives are more
> or less directly adjacent to each other with
> sometimes a longer gap
> afterwards. I have two or three negatives which are
> directly connected
> which is somewhat disturbing.
>
> Since this does not happen with every roll could it
> be that there are some
> tolerances or defects with the receiving spindle? As
> you all know this
> spindle is different with every new roll.
>
> Any suggestions are wellcome!
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Regards
>
> Stefan Kell

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar