[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord Breakers Yard

  • From: Neil Purling <sextant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 19:22:56 +0100

A ten year production run. How could you establish if the camera were post-war?
I thought the use of DBP below the badge meant a post war camera, (unless they used old inventory of badges).
Does anyone know when CZJ started to coat lenses?
You couldn't get the number off the shutter unless I sent the camera in for repair & it was stripped down, but there seems to be a dateable reference of F. Deckel serial numbers.
Unless someone else knows better the shutter lever we use seems to stem from a flat ring sandwiched between the engraved tell-tale ring and the shutter. This is so on a III & I can't imagine the II was radically different.
---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at