[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S and Lumix LX7

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 06:25:22 -0300

"...You use your Lumix for different photos. It would be interesting to
see how the Lumix compares to the Rollei for the same shot. From the images
you have posted, I think the Lumix photos are too ‘clean’, exposure, colour
balance and depth of field. The Rollei ones have more ‘feel’ and character
to them..."

John:
I have scanned and uploaded to my Flickr gallery a photograph
taken with the Rollei 35S from the same point regarding a similar digital
shot I took with the Lumix LX7. It was not my purpose to do a comparison,
it was only I wanted a wider view on the subject; the framing difference
between 40mm (Rollei 35S) lens focal length and 24mm (35mm equivalent,
Lumix LX7) is visible clearly. That morning I had the Lumix in one of my
jacket pockets and the 35S in the other pocket, the highest tower's clock
shows the time difference between both shots (one or two minutes). The film
shot has a minimal and basic PS Elements adjustment work and both images
have a quick touch of perspective correction. The film image loses a bit of
quality (in the sky specially) when you convert it from TIFF into JPEG(best
quality):

Rollei 35S
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/18102820715/in/dateposted-public/
and I repeat the Lumix shot link: