[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S and Lumix LX7

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 06:25:33 -0300

Rollei 35S Sonnar 2,8/40
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17445657309/in/dateposted-public/

Lumix LX7 Leica zoom 1.4/24-90mm (35mm equivalent)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17444349840/in/dateposted-public/

Rollei 35S Sonnar 2,8/40
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17485232301/in/dateposted-public/

Lumix LX7 Leica zoom 1,4/24-90mm (35mm equivalent)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17459474796/in/dateposted-public/

Last week end I visited Buenos Aires city, our Federal Capital. My stories
book "Rotación de vientos" (Winds rotation) was selected -among 9 books
from other writers- to represent my province (Misiones) at the Buenos Aires
International Book Fair, the biggest Book fair for the Spanish language and
one of the biggest in the world; each argentinean province/state had a
dedicated day to introduce its 2014 literary production through the
selected books and their authors.

I carried a Rollei 35S film camera and a Lumix LX7 digital camera, both
excellent instruments for my brief trip purposes. You feel very similar
the cameras in your hands; the Rollei 35S is more pocketable than the LX7;
the later is very good for nocturnal shots or low- light conditions shots
when you travel without tripod, thanks to its f1.4 Leica zoom and
anti-shake feature (it helps really, but it does not replace a good tripod):

Rollei 35S:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17234319288/

Lumix LX7:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17407831091/