[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 3.5 MX - EVS, type 2

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:17:28 -0400

At 12:20 PM 7/19/05 EDT, Sacsu@xxxxxxx wrote:
Marc, the taking lens is not a Zeiss. It's Schneider - Kreuznach Xenar.
Does this make meaningful in difference in picture quality?

 It's not my intention to restart the lingering debate/discussion over lens
type and ensuing picture quality!

=========================

Sam

Thanks but I am only accumulating Zeiss numbers, as the Schneider numbers
are more readily available and are more consistent than are the Zeiss
number runs.

There is no discernible distinction between the performance of a Zeiss and
Schneider lens.  Both are the best that could be made and, given the
vagueries resulting from hand-assembling of optics, they perform quite on
par with each other.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!