[rollei_list] Re: Question regarding GX and FX

  • From: william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:50:35 -0800

I found a FX which is four years old in the Box never used.  It is great
and all the normal equipment works.  Bay 3.  It feels like a  brown
version of the F.  I like the TTL metering!  The shutter sounds like the
one in my T.  I have never had a Rollie right out of the box.

I had ask if anyone knew any thing about the characteristics of the FX as
oppose to the GX but guess no one had any suggestions.  All I can say
after using it that it certain performs well and delivers a superb image.
The metering system takes most of the guess work unless one want to spend
time and really zone out.  The center wt.ed metering zeros in on abut 20
degrades.  Not a spot meter but for fairly close subjects or short range
landscapes will suffice.

The lens makes one want to faint.

I am curious to know the serial numbers and other information kept
regarding the FX line of cameras.  I would like to see when this was made
and see a comparison with the ones I see which look the same but have
Schneider lens and I think bay 4 bay.

I am going away to shoot some images on the coast of Washington next to
canada and when I return will be able give an assessment of its
performance.  I expect the best.  Will than the Nikon DSLR as a back up.

Peace< Love, Joy