[rollei_list] Re: Peter K. and The Survivability of Film

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:45:39 -0800

Yes, but can you go out and buy a NEW record that will play on it at a local
store? So while it is around, it is still used by a small part of the
population.
People always justify what they own or do. CDs to my ear (key phrase)
sounded better. I switched because I no longer had to worry about the
crackling and pops or turning the record over to play side 2. Granted MP3s
do not, but as I age I cannot hear as well as I once did. Moot point.
But hey, if you enjoy it that is great. I have a friend who spends a fortune
on Tube amps and preamps with each channel amplified separately and uses all
the high end electronics to play his vinyl. For me, its not worth the money.
But everyone is different.

--
Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬